Saturday, February 14, 2009

How to stay cool in summer

It may seem out of season to some but I am currently in the southern hemisphere and going through non air conditioned 40 degree (Celsius) days. So my first real addition to this blog will be my tips for survival in these conditions. If you know of any different or more effective ways to stay cool then please leave a comment and I'll add it to the page in the Users Top Tips section below.

5. Ice blocks
4. Bottles
3. Fan
2. Hot drinks
1. Nudity


5. Ice blocks
I don't know what the correct name for these is. They're the flavoured sticks of liquid that you put in your freezer and they are the best invention in the world. I personally like to place them on strategic parts of my body which garners me temporary relief and also has the added bonus of melting them so I can drink the refreshing liquid.

4. Bottles.
In a move similar to ice blocks, I've taken to placing 1.5ltr bottles of water into the freezer. When frozen these tend to stay colder for a long time - although watch out for moisture build up on the outsides as they heat up.
Awesome for a spot of cool relief and relinquishing the icy water when melted. Watch out for brain freeze.

3. Fan
Took me ages to eventually buy a fan and although it tends to just push the warm air around it can, in conjunction with tip 1, produce satisfactory cooling.

2. Warm drinks
I dunno where I read this but it seems to work a little. Warm drinks heat up your body internally and fool it into thinking it's even hotter than it is. This in turn causes your body to try to cool down more which makes you cooler... Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! That and I just like a good cup of tea.

1. Nudity
Either partial or full, you can't get much cooler by natural means than getting in the buff. Combined with tip 3 it is an effective means of keeping cool, but don't get too close.



Users Top Tips

There are currently no tips in the user section. Leave your ideas in the comments section and help the world stay cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment